Employee Relations and Conflict Management Services
As the need arises, Peak Performance HR will help your business navigate through complicated employee issues including progressive discipline, mediation, investigations and terminations. Handling and resolving conflicts that arise in the workplace is one of the biggest challenges managers and employees face. By learning to constructively resolve conflict, we can turn a potentially destructive situation into an opportunity for creativity and enhanced performance.
There are many causes or reasons for conflict in any work setting. Some of the primary causes are:
- Poor Communication: misunderstandings between employees or between employee and manager.
- Different Values: conflict occurs when there is a lack of acceptance and understanding of individual differences
- Differing Interests: conflict occurs when individuals focus on pursuing their personal goals, ignoring organizational goals and objectives
- Personality Clashes: all work environments are made up of differing personalities, which often results in conflict
- Poor Performance: when individuals are not contributing to the team effort, conflict is inevitable
It is important that you do not avoid the conflict, hoping it will go away. It won’t. Even conflict that appears to have subsided will most likely reappear whenever stress increases or a new disagreement occurs. Unresolved conflict or interpersonal disagreements fester just under the surface of your work environment.
Peak Performance Human Resources can support you in working through these employee relations issues in a confidential and professional manner that will diffuse the situation and potentially help you to avoid costly repercussions.